St Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays!
I’m not sure if it’s because green is my favorite color or memories from my Irish grandma. Every year my kids build a leprechaun trap in hopes of catching the mischievous little guy before he reeks havoc on our house.
- A base to decorate (cardboard or a sheet of thick card stock)
- A box for the trap (can be built from popsicle sticks, an old tissue box, cereal box ect.)
- Shiny gold coins to attract the leprechaun to your trap
- Paint or decorate with rainbow somewhere on or near the trap so the leprechaun will follow it to the end
- You will need some type of stick to keep the door or roof propped up, but don’t glue it as it will need to fall to shut the lid
- For this trap my daughter collected a few pieces of shamrock confetti, the shamrock stick from her cupcake, orange, white and green flowers, and a few shiny gems.
Leprechaun mischief :
- dye the toilet green (a few drops of green food coloring)
- have the faucet run green (hide green color tablet inside the faucet filter)
- green paint foot trail – its amazing how his feet are the SAME size as our Dora doll 😉
- green streamers hanging from the door way (or crisscrossed across door frame to trap in the older kids)
- green and white balloons covering the floor of the childs bedroom
The leprechaun usually leaves a trail of gold coins leading outside where he hides a fun St. Patrick’s day treat or small toy for the kids!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! What fun ways do you celebrate with your little ones??
Subscribe for more updates:
Check us out on Facebook: