Today, February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. Here are some ideas of what you can do to help spread the kindness.
10 Random Acts of Kindness
- Make a phone call. Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time. Tell them how much you miss them and tell them how important they are in your life.
- If you live somewhere where it’s snowing go ahead and shovel a neighbor’s driveway or clean the snow off their car or walkway. If you live in the warmer climates, then go ahead and help a neighbor with some gardening. Pick a few weeds, mow their lawn, sweep their front porch.
- Send out a handwritten letter to someone. We are all consumed with cell phones, texting, computers…. shut it all down! Grab a pen and some nice paper and write away!!!
- Smile at everyone you see today. Work in a big city? Take your ear buds out look up and smile 🙂 That’s right at every single person. You will be amazed what a smile will do, you may make someone’s week.
- Make dinner for someone you know that could use some help. Maybe it’s an overwhelmed mom or maybe it’s someone who lives alone and doesn’t usually cook for themselves. Better yet find a local group of people in need on Facebook and make a beautiful dinner for a complete stranger!! Not a great cook? No worries order something and have it delivered…even if it’s pizza 😉
- In line for coffee today? Pay for the person behind you. Who wouldn’t love a cup of joe from a perfect stranger??
- Leave a special treat for the mailman with a special note. Let them know that you appreciate them.
- Leave hidden dollars at the dollar store! I read this once a while ago and it’s a great idea. You can even do it at a grocery store!!! Leave them under cans or boxes it will really brighten someone’s day.
- Say thank you to a police officer, fireman or anyone in the military that you see. They dedicate their lives to helping everyone around them.
Keep the kindness going all year long! Keep a bowl or jar in a central location in your home filled with random acts of kindness. If you have kids have them help you think of kind acts and have them help write out the cards. Every person in your family can pick out a random act each day. Keep spreading the kindness all year long.
Subscribe for more updates:
Check us out on Facebook: