Does the word popcorn make you think of heading to the movie theater and sitting down with a big bucket of greasy goodness?
Then this is the day for you ! January 19th is National Popcorn Day!
There are so many fun ways to make popcorn sweet, salty, hearty, you name it! So we wanted to share a few of our favorite recipes with you.
- 1/4 white sugar
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter (Vegan)
- Freshly pop about 3/4 cups of kernals
- In a large pot melt 3/4 cup of butter on low heat
- Once butter is melted, add a 10 oz. bag of marshmallows (Dandies brand for Vegan Mallows)
- After the marshmallows have melted keep burner on and stir in the popcorn
- Next, grab a handful of the popcorn mixture, Form it into a ball, then lay it on a sheet of wax paper to set
- (optional: roll them in coconut shreds to give the look of a real snowball before laying on wax paper to set)
- When they are finished setting wrap them in plastic wrap individually to keep them from sticking together
Rosemary & Sea Salt:
- 2 Tablespoons crushed dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- drizzle olive oil to taste
Do you have a favorite popcorn recipe? We would love to hear it !
leave us a comment below with what you’ll be making for National Popcorn Day!!